samedi 6 octobre 2012

Je me presente




Although I graduated this year from the University of Leeds, I am not completely done with the University life. Now that I have finished studying my own degree, I am going to be working from the other side of the system, on the other side of the channel. For the  next academic year, I am going to be  teaching English conversation classes to French University students, at the University of Valenciennes, situated in the North of France. I am going to be a ‘lectrice’. 

Having spent my year abroad as a Language Assistant in a school and a college in France,  I know what a challenging, exciting, and ultimately amazing experience living and working abroad can be. During that year, I learnt to not only speak fluent French, but live fluent French. I worked my way through exciting, odd, and scary situations, discovered  new  vocabulary in the strangest of circumstances, and found out that speaking French all day can give you a very real, physical headache. It was a steep learning curve, one which I am sure is not going to plateau this year in Valenciennes. It’s certainly going to be interesting, and this time, I am going to share everything as it happens.

Anyone thinking about working abroad, this blog aims to give you a taster of the real deal, not only the good, the bad, the ugly, but also the beautiful. Anyone who has lived and worked abroad in the past, you can empathise with me, as I reveal all the crazy highs, scary lows, and embarrassing inbetween points. This blog will follow my new life,  as I laugh, cry, eat, drink, groan, cringe, party, work, rest and play my way through another year living and working in France.



My year living la vie lectrice.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire